How to Block a Sender in Outlook using Email Address?
Getting unwanted emails from one of your contacts in your Outlook email account? You can easily prevent that person from sending such messages by blocking him or her. To know how to block a sender in Outlook, follow the steps below:
• Open Outlook and select the email from the sender whom you wish to block in your account.
• Next, go to the Home tab, locate and click on the Junk option. Then, click on the Block Sender option. Outlook will add the email address of the sender to the blocked senders’ list.
NOTE: In case you ever move an email accidentally to the Junk E-mail folder, click on that email in the Junk E-mail folder and select the Home tab. Then, select the Junk option and click on the Mark as Not Junk option.
• Moreover, if you ever wish to unblock the sender in your Outlook email account, you will need to go to the Tools menu and click on the Junk E-mail Protection option.
• Next, go to the Blocked Senders tab and select the email address or domain that you wish to unblock.
• Once you have selected the email address or domain of the blocked contact, you will need to press the Delete key. This way the email address of the blocked sender will be unblocked.
• Emails from this email address in the future will appear in the Inbox folder of your Outlook account as usual.
If even after following the above-mentioned steps you are unable to overcome the problem in your Outlook email account, it is best to seek assistance from Outlook customer support. At Outlook customer support, you will instant assistance for your problem from the prudent experts employed in their team. The Outlook customer service experts are available round the clock via the toll-free phone number, email address, and live chat support.